Dear Land of Guyana, of Rivers and Plains
Dear Land of Guyana merupakan lagu kebangsaan Guyana yang dipillih sebulan sebelum kemerdekaan pada 1966, liriknya ditulis Archibald Leonard Luker manakalanya lagu tersebut digubah Robert Cyril Gladstone Potter.
|Dear Land of Guyana, of Rivers and Plains|
|Penulis||Archibald Leonard Luker|
|Penggubah||Robert Cyril Gladstone Potter|
- Dear land of Guyana, of rivers and plains;
- Made rich by the sunshine, and lush by the rains,
- Set gem like and fair, between mountains and sea,
- Your children salute you, dear land of the free.
- Green land of Guyana, our heroes of yore,
- Both bondsmen and free, laid their bones on your shore.
- This soil so they hallowed, and from them are we,
- All sons of one Mother, Guyana the free.
- Great land of Guyana, diverse though our strains,
- We are born of their sacrifice, heirs of their pains,
- And ours is the glory their eyes did not see,
- One land of six peoples, united and free.
- Dear land of Guyana, to you will we give,
- Our homage, our service, each day that we live;
- God guard you, great Mother, and make us to be
- More worthy our heritage, land of the free....