Satyagraha (Sanskrit: सत्याग्रहcode: sa is deprecated ; satya: "kebenaran", graha: "pegangan kuat" atau "ketetapan" ialah suatu bentuk penentangan tanpa menggunakan keganasan atau penentangan awam.
Konsep dan istilah berkaitan perkara ini diilhamkan Mahatma Gandhi (1869–1948) yang menggunakan pendeatan ini dalam pergerakan kemerdekaan India serta juga dalam perjuangan menuntuk hak samarata wrga India di Afrika Selatan. Ia turut mempengaruhi Martin Luther King Jr. dan James Bevel dalam kempen mereka memperjuangan hak sama rata di Amerika Syarikat serta banayk lagi pergerakan keadilan sosial yang lainnya.
- ^ http://www.gandhifoundation.net/about%20gandhi6.htm “Truth (satya) implies love, and firmness (agraha) engenders and therefore serves as a synonym for force. I thus began to call the Indian movement Satyagraha, that is to say, the Force which is born of Truth and Love or nonviolence, and gave up the use of the phrase “passive resistance”, in connection with it, so much so that even in English writing we often avoided it and used instead the word “satyagraha” itself or some other equivalent English phrase.”
- ^ Uma Majmudar (2005). Gandhi's pilgrimage of faith: from darkness to light. SUNY Press. m/s. 138. ISBN 9780791464052.
- ^ http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/525247/satyagraha "Gandhi’s satyagraha became a major tool in the Indian struggle against British imperialism and has since been adopted by protest groups in other countries." Date accessed: 14 September 2010.
- ^ https://www.questia.com/PM.qst?a=o&d=9165422 "In this respect Satyagraha or non-violent resistance, as conceived by Gandhiji, has an important lesson for pacifists and war-resisters of the West. Western pacifists have so far proved ineffective because they have thought that war can be resisted by mere propaganda, conscientious objection, and organization for settling disputes." Date accessed: 14 September 2010.
- The Story of Satyagraha nukilan Dr. Jyotsna Kamat
- Satyagraha in South Africa
- The Spiritual Basis of Satyagraha book.